Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Proud as a Peacock

Have you ever been so proud you could cry? The day of the wedding Neal was beside me every step of the way. I was thinking to myself, 'How lucky am I' to have him as my husband. There should be some kind of award for great husbands. I know I take him for granted sometimes. Saturday was one of those days that just made me realize again the kind of man I married. If you are like me, you know how your spouse is but you wonder if the world would know if they met him. Well Saturday, I was pulled aside on more than one occasion to be told how wonderful Neal was, how we made such a nice couple, how lucky I was to have such a gentleman for a husband. It takes you by surprise. Not that I don't agree, just that when someone else notices it and lets you know it makes you very proud. Neal and I were also told we had 2 beautiful girls and how well behaved Emily was. (What they didn't know was about the threat she better behave). Daniel's step-mother was impressed with our little family. She said that we seemed to be a good example for the new bride and groom. As tired and worn out as I was these little things that people took time out to share w\us made the day even better. The day was totally about Toot's and Crutch but it was still nice to hear.

No comments: